Senin, 29 Oktober 2012

Expressing Relief, Pain, Pleasure



Relief
When we have problem, then we can solve it, we will feel relief. In other situation, when we feel worried about something that we will face, and then we can face it, we will also feel relief. A relief is lessening or ending of pain and worry.

·         Expressing relief
·    Thank goodnees!
·    Thank heavens!
·    What a relief!
·    I’m glad about…!
·    It’s great relief!
·    Whew!

Example:
Anne: Grey! Don’t you know that our final exam mark has been announced?
Grey: What? Are you sure that it has been announced?
Anne: Of course. What happens?
Grey: It is because I did not do the test well and I am afraid that I will get D for this subject. Our   teacher has told me, if I don’t pass this exam I will be kicked from this school.
Anne: Don’t make a joke, Grey! I think no one will kick you out from this school.
Grey: How can you know?
Anne: Because you get C!
Grey: Whew! Thank God! Thanks Anne!
Anne: You’re welcome, Grey!

Pain
When we get sick, we must feel pain on our part of our body. W.hen we get an accident, and we get injured because of it, we must feel pain.

·         Expressing pain
·    Ouch. It hurts!
·    Ugh, it’s very painful!
·    Ouch!
·    Oh, it’s killing me!

Example:
Lorence: Hei! Watch out!
Raisha: Ouch!
Lorence: Are you OK?
Raisha: Ugh, it hurts!
Lorence: I had warned you! Why don’t you watch around before cross the road?
Raisha: I don’t bring my glasses. I am sorry.
Lorence: Ok. Let’s have medicine.

Pleasure
 a feeling of happinessenjoymentor satisfaction

·         Expressing pleasure
·    Great!
·    Terrific!
·    I’m pleased.
·    I enjoyed it.
·    I love it.
·    It was terrific.
·    I’m delighted.
Example:
Tommy: Barnney, how is your new job? Do you like it?
Barnney: No, it doesn’t seem like what I imagine before. How about yours?
Tommy: I’m delighted! My boss is very kind person. He gives me a lot of work to do but he always appreciates my work eventhough it is bad.
Barnney: What a lucky man you are! Congrats boy!

0 komentar:

Copyright © 2012 E-primbon.
Blogger Template by Clairvo